- Yaoyao Dai and Alexander Kustov. 2022 (forthcoming). “When Do Politicians Use Populist Rhetoric? Populism as a Campaign Gamble.” Political Communication.
- Yaoyao Dai and Luwei Luqiu. 2022. “Wolf Warriors and Diplomacy in the New Era: An Empirical Analysis of China’s Diplomatic Language.” The China Review, 22(2), pp.253-283.
- Yaoyao Dai and Luwei Luqiu. 2020. “Camouflaged Propaganda: A Survey Experiment on Political Native Advertising.” Research & Politics, 7(3), 2053168020935250.
- Yaoyao Dai, Zijie Shao, and Xianglin Xu. 2016. “Agenda-Setting and International News Coverage: A Quantitative Text Analysis on China Central TV News Reports” (In Chinese). Journal of Chinese Academy of Governance 4: 29-34.
- Yaoyao Dai and Luwei Luqiu. 2018. “Foreign Native Advertising.”, CP: Newsletter of the Comparative Politics Organized Section of the American Political Science Association 28(2): 25-31.
- Yaoyao Dai and Zijie Shao. 2016. “Populism and Authoritarian Survival in China: Conceptualization and Measurement.” CP: Newsletter of the Comparative Politics Organized Section of the American Political Science Association 26(2): 31-40.
- Yaoyao Dai and Luwei Luqiu. 2021. “On North Korea, China's wolf warriors speak more like doves.” NK Pro.
- Yaoyao Dai and Luwei Luqiu. 2021. “China's 'wolf warrior' diplomats like to talk tough.” The Washington Post, Monkey Cage.
- Yaoyao Dai. 2018. “Populism and Abuse of Populism.” Tencent Dajia (Most influential self-media in China. Article had been viewed over 310,000 times before the website was censored.).
- Dongyun Han, Abdullah-Al-Raihan Nayeem, Jason Windett, Yaoyao Dai, Benjamin Radford, and Isaac Cho. "A Survey on Visualization Approaches in Political Science for Social and Political Factors."
- Yaoyao Dai and Luwei Luqiu. "China's Wolf Warrior Diplomacy and Xi Jinping's Grand Diplomatic Strategy." (Book under contract)
- Yaoyao Dai and Chiedo Nwankwor. “Anti-corruption Campaigns and Popular Support for the Government: A Survey Experiment in Nigeria.”
- Yaoyao Dai. “Measuring Populism in Contexts: A Supervised Approach with Word Embedding Models.”
- Yaoyao Dai and Benjamin Radford. “0-BlinC: Zero-Shot Bilingual Text Classification without Translation.”
Works in Progress:
- Yaoyao Dai, Matt Golder, Sona Golder, and Benjamin Radford,. “Attributing Policy Influence: A Transfer Learning Approach with Transformers.”
- Yaoyao Dai, Jingjing Gao, and Benjamin Radford. "From Fear to Hate: Anti-Asian Sentiment During COVID-19."
- Yaoyao Dai, Robert Pinka, and Benjamin Radford. "Reducing Biases in Human Annotated Data."