- Yaoyao Dai, Zijie Shao, and Xianglin Xu. 2016. “Agenda-Setting and International News Coverage: A Quantitative Text Analysis on China Central TV News Reports” (In Chinese). Journal of Chinese Academy of Governance 4: 29-34.
- Yaoyao Dai, Chenyuan Ji, and Zijie Shao. Forthcoming. “Media Framing Effects in Public Opinion: A Survey Experiment in China” (In Chinese). Journal of Public Management.
Works in Progress:
- Yaoyao Dai and Burt Monroe. “Machine Biases and Where to Quantify Them.”
- Yaoyao Dai and Benjamin Radford. “Structural Word Embeddings.”
- Yaoyao Dai, Benjamin Radford, James Igoe Walsh, and Kaitlyn Webster. “Surveillance, Conflict, and Dissent: New Data, Methods, and Theory for the Information Era.” (Proposal Submitted for Department of Defense Basic Research Program.)
- Yaoyao Dai and and Matt Golder. “Identifying Party Families with Cluster Analysis.”
- Yaoyao Dai and Alexander Kustov. “When Do (and Don't) Politicians Use Populist Rhetoric? A Mobilization Model of Populism.”
- Yaoyao Dai and Chiedo Nwankwor. “Anti-corruption Campaigns and Popular Support for the Government: A Survey Experiment in Nigeria.”
- Yaoyao Dai and Luwei Luqiu. “Signaling Popularity or Strength?: Pro-government Mobilization in Hong Kong.”